Saturday, November 28, 2009

happy thanksgiving

This is going to sound crazy, but it felt kind of funny to not be pregnant this Thanksgiving. I've been pregnant for two out of the last three holidays, and for a while yesterday and today it felt strange not to be anticipating a birth.

I'm thankful for so many things this year, not the least of which is my wonderful husband and beautiful children. I can't believe last year's belly contained this amazing little Josie who spent the last two days perfecting her walking skills. By the end of this week, I suspect she'll be running, at the rate we're going. I cannot believe the little boy playing with trains and drawing and helping his grandparents is my baby Gabe. I know I say this all the time, but what is with all the growing up? He is such a little boy! Barely a toddler! It is happy and heartbreaking all at the same time.

I'm thankful for healthy parents and that my children still have all of their grandparents healthy and happy. My father in law is one week out of hip replacement surgery, and nothing drives home how valuable our health is than a major surgery. My parents will be here in just two short weeks, and I cannot wait to see them. This is the longest we've gone without seeing them in years.

We have our health, broken toes excluded, and our happiness, and a new roof over our heads, and life is good.

We have much much much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, and I wish all of you many blessings and joys for the rest of this year and in the year to come. Thank you for your support and comments and advice and for just listening. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: