Wednesday, April 06, 2005

On Strike

The pups appear to have rejected the notion of daylight savings time.

This is the fourth morning in a row that we have gotten up out of bed and they have peered bitterly at us from beneath the covers. In fact, this morning I cheerily told them it was time to wake up, which normally elicits some tail wagging and movement to the edge of the bed where I put them on the floor and we all go about our merry business. But this morning they didn't even turn their heads to look at me. They ignored me. The Dogs. Ignored me. The same dogs who hear me opening a package of cheese from down the block, ignored me when I spoke to them from 12 inches away.

I finally left to take a shower and when I came back Tango and Murray had each moved to their own pillows on the right and left sides of the bed and were lying with their heads on the pillow and their bodies under the covers. Like humans.

I feel like there is something wrong with this picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what? no pictures?!

Anonymous said...

must. have. pictures.

halloweenlover said...

sorry sorry, I'll post pics tonight. I was out of the office yesterday and plus I am lazy. Sorry sorry!!!