Friday, February 25, 2005

a new obsession

I signed up for a blog last year, back when people starting saying they had received gmail accounts because they had blogs. And by G-d, I desperately wanted a gmail account. I'm not sure why, but I was convinced that gmail would be the next wave of the future. I love google. We used to google everyone in our law school class and then whisper amongst ourselves in the library about what we found. That is a part of a story I have to tell a little later.

Anyway, I signed up for the blog and then couldn't think of anything to say. I love writing, much like most people with blogs, but I used my funny thoughts or stories in emails to my friends and it didn't occur to me to post them. So I did nothing with it, and I got gmail from another friend's brother, so the usefulness escaped me. But then my friend CRWatch and I decided that we would start blogs together. Hers has useful worthwhile issues, mine has silly thoughts.

But now I am back... and folks, I have discovered the power of the Internet. I have lost hours jumping from page to page to page of people's blogs and those they are connected to and those that other person is connected to. HOURS. I used to shun the Internet, I couldn't understand how people could waste so much time on it. Now I know. I am blog obsessed. For the last two nights I haven't been able to sleep because blog conversations or snippets keep running through my heads. It is like a sitcom almost, except real, and their stories are all the happier or heart-breaking because they are real.

One of my friends says this is the first sign of an obsession, she thinks, so maybe I should wean myself. Perhaps, but I love it!

4 comments:

kalisekj said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

Get-A-Free-House said...

How Would You Like To Know How YOU Can Live In A Beautiful NEW House That Is Custom-Designed To YOUR Specifications.........And At NO COST To You?

You CAN Do It. And It's Not Hard To Do.... IF You Know HOW.

Don't Let This Pass You By Without At Least Taking A Look.

The Only Catch Is That You HAVE To Have An Income ABOVE $21,000...... And......You HAVE To Follow The Easy Instructions Provided To You.

Get-A-Free-House.com

LLC said...

Find out how your company rates by using a little known rating system!

Is your company a Scam, Dud, Scheme, Fraud Or Good Opportunity?.

95% of the money-making opportunities on the internet have been worked to death or are not suitable to be marketed through the internet. How does your company and/or opportunity rate… I’ll leave it to you to decide if your service, product and/or money making opportunity falls in this category.

Hurry you may NOT be happy with what you will find!

Anonymous said...

These bracelets have been designed to provide thomas sabo onlineshop
you with the largest possible quantity of ohrringe creolen benefits in a variety of different areas. They have been designed in a variety of different styles, thomas sabo online shop deutschland
using different metals so that your personal thomas sabo uhr
tastes and budgets can be accommodated. angebote thomas sabo armketten
The bracelets are available in different schmuck thomas sabo
sizes and are adjustable so that no matter thomas sabo shop what size your wrist is there will be a bracelet that will sabo charms
fit you and provide your body with all the benefits that are offered to you. thomas sabo schmuck
The core of the bracelets is constructed from thomas sabo glaube liebe hoffnung
flexible steel that is reported to have under gone a secret process that leads to its ionization.