Friday, February 04, 2005

Ode to Buffalo Wings

I hate football. So you can imagine my dread as Superbowl Sunday approaches. I know that I will be locked in someone else's house with lots of people who want to watch football and actually enjoy it. And yes, I suppose I could stay home, but my sports-loving husband begs me to come with him every year. I feel guilty saying no (plus I love him), so I end up at the Superbowl party year after year.

My only consolation is that there are always buffalo wings at Superbowl parties, and man, I LUV buffalo wings. I don't just love them, I LUV them. I have a list of my most favorite things in the whole wide world, and buffalo wings are right up there (along with Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee, but I'll save that for another day).

I believe that buffalo wings are a great gift on this earth. They are delightfully tangy, spicy, delicious and satisfying. If I had to choose one food to take with me to a deserted island, it would be buffalo wings. I also think that buffalo sauce can be used on other dishes like mashed potatoes, vegetables, sandwiches, soups, pizza, the list goes on and on. I am even known downstairs in our building's cafeteria as the buffalo wing lover. If I come downstairs and the options don't look appetizing, they will make up a special order of buffalo wings.

So this blog entry is to you, my dear buffalo wings. May you be celebrated this weekend as the wondrous creation that you are.

Oh, and for hubby's benefit, GO PATS!!!

0 comments: