Thursday, March 31, 2005

procrastination

Am I the only one who puts off work and puts off work and puts off work until there is so little time left that I cannot even go to the bathroom because I cannot spare those 2 minutes? I thought not.

At the very least, I think I am well suited to the legal profession because there is a great deal of autonomy in your practice. You are assigned things, or your clients need things, but then there is generally no one looking over your shoulder asking for those things. You just get them done. Whether you get them done in the daytime or at 11pm while you are scrambling to get out the door is your business.

This is nice. But on the other hand, I always have a lot to do. And those clients always asking for things can get a little tiresome**. Next time they call, I am letting them know that unless they have Cadbury Eggs, I am busy procrastinating with my blog and can't take on more work.

That probably won't get me dooced, will it?

** I actually love when my clients call me. And I love saying clients. Reminds me that I really am a lawyer, even though the security guy at the airport asked me if I was over 17.

0 comments: