Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A man, any man...

Handsome?
Charming? √
Famous? √
Depraved indifference to human life? √

Available? Apparently, not for long.

Scott Peterson has received letters and phone calls from DOZENS of women since he arrived on death row, including a couple of marriage proposals. Now, I am a liberal woman, I try not to judge, I give people the benefit of the doubt, and I understand how nice it can be to find a good man. But honestly, people, a convicted murderer of his pregnant wife and unborn baby? I feel like perhaps women need to be a little bit pickier, a little more discerning, just a little less insane. I know Scott Peterson isn't the only convincted killer to have women pining for him or sending him marriage proposals, and I'm sure there will be women waiting in line for the chance to talk to him, but on some level I just can't believe it.

Lets disregard the conviction for a moment, just in case you believe he is innocent, and we are still left with his infidelity and lies throughout the marriage and even when his wife was about to have his baby! Really? This is what some women are looking for? It blows my mind.

Maybe when we tell our kids what good qualities to look for in a mate, we should all be more explicit about the non-murderer part. I can lower my standards on other things, as long as he isn't a murderer. Non-murderer, polite and a dog-lover. I can live with that.

0 comments: