Friday, December 02, 2005

meet CuRVy

This is Curvy. She is our new, and much beloved, car.





Blackbird asked for us to show her our cars for show and tell, and I am happy to oblige.






Although I have been a fan of Curvy for quite some time, I cannot take credit for her purchase, since Josh did the bulk of the research on her excellent qualities. I did the negotiating, though, because I am a hard ass like that. Do NOT try to give me a bad price. GRRRR.

Curvy, as you can see, is a Honda CR-V (hence her name), and she joined our family in July.

Check out Curvy's booty, she is a hottie.







Woooo hooooo!







I won't bore you with the details of how fabulous Curvy is, because you can read about her many talents here and here. I will tell you that she is incredibly spacious, features front and side curtain air bags, a 6-disc cd changer, a moon roof (since when is it a moon roof anyway?), a front and center console that collapses down to allow room for a large purse, a purse hook in the front seat so that you purse doesn't fly around when you brake hard, and the cover for the trunk turns into a picnic table. Now, I've never used the picnic table, but I assure you that it gives me great security to know that I could whip out a picnic at the side of the road at any moment.

Curvy is the first car that Josh and I have purchased together, and we hope that she will share many a happy memory with us. Plus, she's red! Of course! Guess who chose the color.

17 comments:

Pink Cupcake said...

My mother-in-law has the same car, and I really love it. Hers is silver though, not quite as snazzy as your red one. :)

blackbird said...

I like CuRVy very very much.
And, even tho you did not ask, I think she was a wonderful choice for your wee family.


weeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

THAT ride has Sass! I love it!

Anonymous said...

A moonroof is glass, a sun roof is made out of the same material as the rest of the roof so in order to see out you must open it..
That my dear is your difference in a nutshell.

She's very cute, and I love the name!

halloweenlover said...

Jo is a genius! I guess we have a moonroof and a sunroof then, because we have to move the cover to get to the glass.

Anonymous said...

That car is so cutie. My friend had one and I always loved riding in it. And RED. Fabu!

btw my car's name is Halo. Because she's white, natch. :)

Unknown said...

A good friend has one and loves it! It's a pretty, pretty car.

Anonymous said...

She's lovely. CurVy is the purrfect name for this lovely cah.

Piece of Work said...

I used to name all my cars, too. There was Ollie (1980 Datsun) and Betty (1984 Suburu). I should keep doing that. Yay for CuRVy!

Running2Ks said...

I covet your car. Really. I drive my late grandmother's Buick :)

I haven't named a car since "the Boat", the '79 Chrysler Newport that was my first car.

nancy said...

I love a red vehicle - so jealous. My first (very own) car was fire truck red. I miss it.

CuRVy is HoT!

Limon de Campo said...

Yes, Curvy is one hot machine. Have fun with her.

R.H. said...

Listen, for that money you could have got an old Chev Corvette: a 1960's classic. I saw one in San Diego, all white, with the Stars and Stripes painted on it - right across the boot, the roof and the bonnet. Golly what I wouldn't give to be driving that around here! I'd need bodyguards to keep the dames away. (Well you can only handle so many)

ccw said...

Thanks for the explanation, jo! I now know that I have a moonroof, too.

Your car is very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love that color! It's the same color as my Honda Accord. (I think they call it "Redondo Red Pearl" or something silly like that. Just think, somewhere at Honda there is an employee whose job entails coming up with the name "Redondo Red Pearl.")

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

wow! she looks delightful. :)
we've had a few hondas in our family and have loved them. hoping our next car is an odyssey. yes, it's a minivan, but still seems hip. ;)

K said...

I've always wondered about the moon roof/sun roof thing. LOVE LOVE LOVE the car. We might be getting a new car in the spring, and this one is now a contender! Gotta check the gas mileage, though ...