Friday, December 02, 2005

a dog's interpretation of thanksgiving

Tango and Murray had much to be thankful for this year, as well.

Their morning started off with some sun worshipping in a patch of sunshine they found on the couch.



You gotta love that little bit of warmth, huh?









All this action in the kitchen must mean something good. There was lots of waiting for turkey leftovers.




Just let us know when the food is ready.









They were a little bummed to realize that there was something slightly off with this turkey. Hmmmm.














They were willing to overlook it, at least. Tango is clear about his demands.






Feed me!







Ahhh, finally, the true meaning of Thanksgiving.**














**Ok, so I didn't let them do this. Josh let them at the spoils of the turkey for about 3 seconds. Before any dog activists come after me, they basically had time to sniff and lick the turkey before he took it away.

11 comments:

ccw said...

How cute! Your dogs are absolutely adorable. The turkey is bigger than both of them.

Charlie (my basset) was begging for turkey scraps, too. Occassionally he will sneak a bone and gets highly upset when we wrestle it away from him.

Tiruncula said...

I think you must have the cutest dogs in the blogosphere - and I speak as the proud parent of two pretty extreme canine cuties myself. That way Murray's whiskers fan out over Tango (have I got them right?) when they sleep together...I'm thinking we need to have a Cutest Canine Carnival or sim.

halloweenlover said...

Oh Tirincula! I love it! We'll have to do that. Thanks for the compliments on our cuties. I'll let them know.

Anonymous said...

Tango holding his bowl = CUTEST DOG PICTURE EVER. OMG.

halloweenlover said...

I didn't even post the pictures of where he picks it up to bring to me and beg for food, but accidentally picks it up so that it covers his eyes and he runs into things. THAT, is the cutest dog picture ever.

He has recently learned that he should just put it down and pick it up the right way. Because this dog is TOO SMART for his own good.

Gawdessness said...

Wow,you got to take it away from them?

They are nice dogs!

Running2Ks said...

Sweet puppies. But I thought it was First, Turkey, Second, Sleep.

nancy said...

SO now I really wanna get me a couple of those...too cute.

Limon de Campo said...

With the exception of putting my bowl on my head, I had basically the same Thanksgiving experience.

Anonymous said...

Could your dogs be any cuter? I don't think so!

K said...

Awww, so adorable. Reminds me of our kitties curling up together on the couch. *sniff* I want to go home and snuggle with them.