Sunday, July 31, 2005

so much fun, it pulled me out of weekend hibernation

I try to stay away from computers over the weekend since we are attached by the fingertips during the week, but I had so much fun with Phantom Scribbler yesterday that I couldn't resist.

First of all, LG and Baby Blue are the cutest kids ever!!! Baby Blue is so sweet and social, she was practically falling out of her little stroller seat to smile at the people that walked by us. LG tried to be shy, but he couldn't help responding to a couple of my questions, like whether he was a Red Sox fan, or if he could throw the ball for the dogs to fetch. Both of the kids were SO well-behaved, and let Phantom Scribbler and I walk around the park (without a playground) for 2 and a half hours! Baby Blue fell asleep in her little back carrier, and LG played on his own the whole time. TWO AND A HALF HOURS!

I even got in trouble because I was supposed to be home by 12:15 and we lost track of time until 12:40!

Phantom Scribbler is so lovely, cute, kind, considerate and a great conversationalist! I could tell how terrific she is with BB and LG also, it was obvious from the way she spoke to them and played with them. And she's my new best friend, because I jumped over onto her site just now and she called me teeny-tiny. I may be in love.

I was even lucky enough to have Mr. Blue stop by to meet me! He is also charming, interesting and quite handsome, and Baby Blue only called plaintively after him for a minute after he left. I can't quite describe how adorable it was, but you can probably imagine.

I did see glimpses of LG's humor when he informed Phantom Scribbler that he wanted to play hide and seek. He said he would be hiding, and when she asked him where, he shot over his shoulder as he ran away "oh, I can't tell YOU Mama!" I think he is a genius.

I can't wait to do it again Phantom!

7 comments:

RussianViolets said...

Oh, I want to meet Phantom too. You're lucky.

Running2Ks said...

Aw heck, I want to meet both of you now. It is so fun to read both blog perspectives on the same situation!

Phantom Scribbler said...

I can't wait, too! And LG was playing a game with a toy car Saturday night in which the little person in the car was "my friend, Weenlover, who comes to visit me, and then I'm sad when she goes."

Ladies and gentlemen of the pixies, I submit to you that she really is teeny-tiny.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Halloween Lover, you are truly lucky. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss Mr. Blue, Phantom, and their oh-so-adorable children. And you're right: LG is a GENIUS.

Liz Miller said...

JEALOUS! I want to meet you both, too.

Ah well, I shouldn't complain. I get to have semi-regular lunches and play-dates with APL and AB!!!!!

purple_kangaroo said...

I'm jealous too. So glad you all had a good time!

Scrivener said...

How come I hafta be stuck in the South, when all you cool bloggers are up North?