Monday, October 11, 2010

my sweet girl

I was feeling totally Zen about the surgery tomorrow, until NOW. I'm freaking out a bit and feeling totally anxious and stressed. I think it has quite a bit to do with the fact that I just finished a call with the ENT's pediatric nurse and she gave me all the pre-op instructions and a description of everything that is going to happen.

I know it sounds silly, but as I was rocking her tonight and kissing her forehead, I kept thinking this was her last night with adenoids. Tomorrow she'll be changed for good. Crazy, I know. I've never thought about adenoids before in my life!

I keep telling myself this is all for the better, but right about now, only the reasons NOT to have the surgery are on my mind. Too late to back out now, right?

Sigh. Some positive thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated, pretty please!!!

3 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

DEEP BREATHS.

In.

Out.

Everything.will.be.fine.

((HUGS))

Bobbie said...

My son only had tubes put in (once! it worked! no more ear infections!) so I'm not familiar with recovery after adenoid removal, but I'm sure she will be fine. My son was groggy after the surgery, but up and active within an hour. I think the worst part was not feeding him before surgery.

Of course, this was eighteen years ago and my memory is a bit fuzzy...

Prayers and good thoughts for Josie and for you.

Liz Miller said...

Thinking of you!