Monday, December 14, 2009

happy birthday josie!

Today completes my first year as a mother of two. Can you believe it? Sometimes I can't, but then again, sometimes I can't believe Josie has only been here for a year. It feels like she stole my heart ages ago.

A year ago, I looked like this:













At midnight on December 14th, my water broke as I was climbing into bed, 7 hours of labor later and 3 minutes of pushing (literally) and my sweet baby girl was here.













She didn't make me a mother, but she has made me a better mother. Josie has taught me patience, she has shown me how much more love you have in your heart, she has graced our lives with laughter.

A short year later and she talks and laughs and runs around the house and rules the place. Her brother doesn't know what hit him and it is only the beginning.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life watching her grow.

Happy Birthday to Josie!

3 comments:

BabyMac said...

Happy Birthday little lady! Congrats on making it through the past year...and it's been a big one between the collic/reflux thing, and moving and dogs you deserve a medal! Well done Mumma x

Swistle said...

GEEZ you guys have good genes.

Durham Window Shutters said...

Thanks for the post