Tuesday, June 09, 2009

sleep is lacking, though

Remember last week when I said Gabe had Coxsackie? Well, now it turns out he has Adenovirus instead, or in addition to the Coxsackie, we're not really sure. It has been about 10 days of symptoms, and he is still whining and crying and complaining most days. He has been specifically telling me his head hurts, or stomach hurts, or mouth hurts, and there is nothing quite as sad as hearing your two year old ask to go to bed because he feels so terrible he doesn't even want to hang out on the couch and watch television. I dragged the two kids to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things and he fell asleep in his stroller (mother of the year over here, obviously).

This is particularly awesome because we had a small party yesterday for Josie's baby naming, and he slobbered all over a couple of the kids who visited. I can't wait to make that phone call to those parents!

I have to write a decent post about the baby naming, because it was amazing, even though the timing stunk. In the middle of all of this cleaning, painting, and decluttering, it was unbelievably difficult to pull together a party, but we did it, and I think it went well. Everyone seemed to have a great time, and although I didn't have the time to spend on the little details I love, we had food and drink and cake and friends, all of which were great. Although I think my mother in law was a bit distressed that I served a frozen lasagna.

Thank goodness my parents are here, though, because they have been able to watch both of the kids while I continue with the house preparations. I'm hopeful maybe we can be ready in about a week and a half, but I'm probably dreaming. The exterior painters started on Friday and they have been scraping and sanding and power washing, so just in time for the party my house looked like it was falling apart, with paint chips and dust and dirt all over the place. I finished painting and cleaning the basement, tiled part of the basement floor, and this afternoon I started in on all the trim. Josh is working around the clock, so the preparations are mainly falling on my shoulders, and I'm not going to lie, this is going to be challenging.

We desperately want to move, but truthfully, I feel as if I am just now getting my head above water after having Josie. This whole moving prospect is putting a serious strain on both Josh and me, and we've been at each other's throats over the last few days. We keep arguing about everything under the sun, from who is doing what, to how we are going to get this done, to where things are under the piles of stuff. It is frustrating, to say the least, and it makes me reconsider this whole idea. For now, though, I'll just keep trucking away on the painting and decluttering and if we decide not to move in the end, then I guess we'll just have a freshly painted and cleaned house. It can't hurt, right?

3 comments:

BabyMac said...

No it can't hurt! In any case you will be in a fab new home or a fab new "old" home. Hang in there...I am sure it will all be worth the stress and sights and anxiety - just you wait and see! Hope Gabe gets better soon x

Chatty Cricket said...

OMG, and Moving will ALWAYS be that stressful. You may as well get it over with, especially since you're putting in all this hard work. Why do it and then have to worry about DOING IT AGAIN??

I am SO BUMMED that we missed Josie's baby naming. I want pictures, please?? Although I think both of us can be happy that you did not inherit Mister's poop blowouts, and we can be happy that we did not inherit Gabe's mono. ;)

Rev Dr Mom said...

You make me exhausted just reading about all you're doing. Hang in there!