Friday, October 13, 2006

recharging my batteries

This weekend is a very special one. My law school girlfriends, 4 of the most fabulous women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, are coming to visit me. They are traveling from Atlanta, Los Angeles, Albuquerque and Washington D.C., just to celebrate the future arrival of this baby, just to laugh and point and marvel at how large this belly is becoming. When they first started discussing the visit, I was excited and incredibly pleased that we were even considering it. But as they are each boarding their planes in their prospective cities, I feel humbled that I am so very lucky to have such wonderful friends.

Not many people would do this much for you, I know.

So I'm off to enjoy that special recharging that only girlfriends can give you, the kind where you sit around and laugh and tell stories and wish that you did it more often. We'll be going out to dinner, and apple picking, and leaf peeping, and even visiting the witches in Salem, but I suspect that the moments I'll carry with me will be those that we spend in my living room in front of the fireplace.

Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

mc said...

Oh, I am so jealous! Some good friends of mine are getting together in NYC this weekend for the baby shower of one of them, and I couldn't get there. So have a WONDERFUL time, and enjoy every minute!

jo(e) said...

Those kind of weekends are so wonderful. Enjoy.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

sounds like a fabulous weekend in store. hope you'll post some pics of you and the girls. :) enjoy yourselves!

K said...

Sounds wonderful! Hope you have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

Visiting the witches in Salem?

That sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

ooo... I'm jealous, too...
I remember I had this kind of day while I was pregnant. It was a wonderful day that I had with my best friends.

It's hard to get a moment like this when you already have a baby in the house. It's not that I couldn't leave the house, but there's a feeling that I feel I'm a bad mama if I leave my child. ;)

So, how was it? Hope you had a great time with them.

Kris said...

I'm so happy for you that you have these women in your life. I hope you had a fantastic weekend.