Sunday, April 02, 2006

a morning for brussels griffons

(Scene: In bed, Sunday morning, Halloweenlover stirs)

Tango: I saw that! She is up! I will go jump on her face!

Murray: Snooze...

Tango: Darn it, her face is under the pillow now. I will frantically dig against her ear until she gets up. Scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch.

Murray: Zzzzzzzz...

(Halloweenlover lover gets up, goes to the bathroom and climbs back into bed to sleep some more)

Tango: Why must she torment me like this? I saw her get up. I must start playing now. I will climb on Josh's chest and stare at him.

Murray: Oh boy! Oh boy! She's up! Hurray!

Halloweenlover: Enough! Time for bed. Lie down!

Tango: I will not lie down. I will sit and glare at you, and lift my front right paw and shake dramatically in protest.

Murray: Oh boy! Oh boy! We're going back to bed!

Tango: Stupid dog. We must engage in silent protest. Do not get under those covers! I mean it! Stay awake!

Murray: Snore...

Tango: I will pace the bed until someone gets up. I need my ball and duck and monkey. I cannot live for another moment without my stuffed friends. This is torture.

(Josh gets up for the day. He offers to take Tango off the bed, and Tango runs to retrieve the stuffed fish in the hallway, and runs back to the edge of the bed, begging to be put back onto the bed.)

Murray: (moves further under the covers)

Tango: Ha! I will drop my wet slobbery fish onto her neck until she wakes up. I will not play with Josh! She must get up! She will listen!

(Slobbery fish dropped onto neck, stuffed under pillow, pressed into face)

Halloweenlover: (groaning) Okay okay, let's go downstairs.

Murray: Oh boy! Oh boy! Time to get up!

Tango: I am victorious again.

(Scene to be replayed Monday morning)

13 comments:

Geggie said...

Our kitties do the same thing. Imagine? Cats? Yes, it's true, they love attention too!

Jessica said...

This almost sounds like the scene from my house in the morning...except ours is a 14 lb cat and an 80 lb dog!

Joke said...

Ninotchka stole my line!

-J.

Phantom Scribbler said...

I think Tango and LG share the same soul.

Liz Miller said...

BelovedDog used to shove his cold wet nose into my ear and go, "mmmmmwhhhoof"

Better than alarm clock.

Table4Five said...

Do you have to lift the dogs on and off the bed? I've seen these carpeted steps at Target that you put next to the bed for the dogs to use. Our dog won't sleep on the bed, just the couch.

halloweenlover said...

The fact that they cannot get onto the bed themselves is my ONLY salvation. I think they could jump up themselves, but for some reason they don't think they can. And I like to continue that myth.

Yankee, Transferred said...

The very reason my dogs sleep in the kitchen.

Piece of Work said...

You see, good practice for kids. If you changed Murray and Tango's names to isaac and Vivian you would have our bedroom every morning long before 7 am.

Anonymous said...

I love Tango! What a little drama queen! "I cannot live for another moment without my stuffed friends!"

Priceless.

ccw said...

Love those doggies!

This sounds like morning in our house except one of our cats would surely throw up to ensure that someone gets out of bed.

Kris said...

You will adapt to having children just fine!

K said...

Aw, they sound so cute yet irritating. :) Ours cats are shut out of the bedroom because they get frisky at 4 a.m. So now they just stand outside the bedroom door and meow/scratch frantically if we sleep past 8 a.m.