1. I am an only child.
2. I have gone through periods in my life both adoring and detesting the fact that I am an only child.
3. I think that being an only child has made me have an overly-idealized and perhaps false idea of family (that may be why I dream of having lots of kids).
4. I love to travel (anywhere and everywhere), even though I didn't really start traveling until I was in college.
5. I believe I was meant to marry my husband. My college roommate thinks so too.
6. I told my mother that a week after meeting him.
7. One look at his smile will still make my stomach flutter.
8. We share the same morals and beliefs, even though I'm Catholic and he is Jewish. But we practice mainly Judaism in our house.
9. This is comical if you realize that I went to Catholic elementary school (with nuns!), an all-girls Catholic high school, Catholic college, attended church every Sunday and then found the only Jewish boy at my school and married him.
10. Thank goodness my parents thought it was funny too.
11. I often worry that I am overweight, even though logically I know that I'm not. I worry that this will turn into an eating disorder.
12. I am freakishly good at languages.
13. In one college semester I picked up enough Italian to pass as a native Italian (for a few minutes) when we were in Cinque Terre that summer.
14. I also speak native Spanish, and French with a Spanish accent. That cracks me up.
15. I don't like being alone, and I've never been a person who desires 'alone time'.
16. Ironically, I am actually a very independent person.
17. I thought I was going to be a doctor from childhood through college and then decided in my junior year to go to law school.
18. I was also convinced that I hated history because of a terrible high school teacher. To avoid university requirements I took history in summer school, and my summer school professor asked me why I wasn't a history major. That next semester I dropped biology and became a history major.
19. The day I got into my law school was one of the happiest days of my life.
20. I loved law school and I still think those may have been 3 of the best years of my life.
21. I usually think every year that passes is the best year of my life, though.
22. I have never felt smarter than during those three years, and that is probably why I want to teach someday.
23. I think I'll teach a combination of law and history. Preferably to undergraduates.
24. I was valedictorian in high school. But I didn't feel that smart.
25. I kept my good grades a secret in high school, and my friends thought it was a mistake when my name was called.
26. Remembering that makes me sad because I used to think that intelligence was a bad thing.
27. This is probably because a high school boyfriend broke up with me because he didn't want a girlfriend that was smarter than him. Assh*le.
28. Now I know that my best feature is my big, beautiful, sexy brain. : ) Yours too!
29. I am empathetic to a fault- other people's pain makes me cry. I worry about this when I think about having children.
30. I did human rights work in college and law school. I cried many times.
31. I still hope to go work at a human rights organization in a few years- the tears will be worth it.
32. Even the news makes me cry.
33. People open up to me about their problems a lot. I think I give pretty good advice. Maybe that is why.
34. In the month before September 11th, I remember thinking that life was so wonderful and good and that I was so grateful for how fortunate I have been in life. Now any time I feel wonderful or grateful, I worry that something terrible will happen.
35. I have been blessed with many good friends that I know would come at a moment's notice.
36. I am very loyal.
37. I am also very forgiving. Too forgiving sometimes.
38. I think I'm funny. I hope you do too.
39. People love to tease me and I don't mind being teased. I think people only tease if they like you. I hope I'm not wrong!
40. I used to hate the fact that my parents were from Argentina, now I love it and it is something of which I am terribly proud.
41. Argentina feels like home to me.
42. The scent of Buenos Aires brings tears to my eyes.
43. Josh and I danced the Argentine Tango as our first dance at our wedding as a surprise to my family. I can still hear the music starting and see my father's tears.
44. That was hands down the best moment of our wedding.
45. My wedding day was the happiest day of my life, so far.
46. I am a pretty happy person.
47. I often wonder what I did to deserve this wonderful life.
48. I worry that I don't love it enough.
49. I am a far-left crunchy leaning liberal.
50. And a pretty radical feminist.
51. I try to be reasonable about those subjects, but it is very hard.
52. Fundamentalists scare me. So do homophobic, racist and sexist people.
53. I have seen my fair share of all of those and it hurts my heart every single time.
54. I need to be more assertive.
55. I am very indecisive, it is something I am working on.
56. I worry too much about what other people think.
57. If you met me, you probably wouldn't be able to tell on the outside.
58. I've never done anything to my hair, no dye, no perm, not highlights, except hair cuts.
59. I very rarely wear makeup or do my hair. I am a shower-and-go kind of girl.
60. I also hate wearing high heels and don't do it often.
61. This is mainly laziness, although my mother-in-law likes to call it the fresh-faced look.
62. I have never smoked and never would.
63. I don't like alcohol and will only drink it on select occasions and if it doesn't taste like alcohol (pina coladas excluded).
64. I don't have a very good immune system, although I've never been seriously ill.
65. I am a total bookworm. And a speedreader. I devour books.
66. I believe I saw a ghost once. I was scared to death.
67. My mom believes I am psychic because I did really strange things growing up, like warn her before the phone rang, or tell her that something would happen before it did. I sometimes dream that things will happen before they do. And no, I am not crazy.
68. I love farmer's markets and I try to go whenever they are around.
69. I also discovered this year that I love gardening.
70. I am pretty creative and crafty, and will try to make things at home before buying them from a store.
71. This means I have a lot of unfinished projects lying around the house.
72. My mom purposely didn't teach me to clean, sew, cook or do laundry. She wanted to make sure I never did those things for a man.
73. Now I love to sew and cook. And I can't live without a cleaning lady.
74. 50% isn't bad, mom.
75. I believe that I can do anything- I think my mom also instilled that in me.
76. I've always wanted to adopt a child and I believe I'll do it someday.
77. I had braces in law school.
78. I am very clumsy and consequently have bruises a lot of the time.
79. I HATE shaving my legs, but unfortunately, I am very hairy so I have to shave often. I would love to have laser hair removal, but I'm chicken.
80. Between the hairiness and the bruises, I wear pants a lot.
81. I get terrible motion sickness. On planes, boats, cars, trains, subways, buses, rides, and sometimes just from watching things move too fast. It is very annoying.
82. I never knew you could love pets so much until Tango and Murray came to live with us.
83. Now I understand. They are a part of my family.
84. One of my only regrets is living so far away from my parents.
85. I miss them every day. I have expensive phone bills because of that.
86. My husband and my parents are my best friends.
87. I grew up in San Francisco in the same small apartment for 12 years.
88. I've moved every year over the last 9 years.
89. We moved to Boston because we were tired of moving.
90. We bought our first house in October and now I am an obsessed do-it-yourselfer.
91. I love the fall, and halloween, and the leaves, and pumpkins!
92. For this reason, I love New England. I can't imagine not having New England falls.
93. I left part of my heart in San Francisco, though.
94. I've been to almost every vineyard in Napa, even though I only like sweet wines. Its a tragedy, I know.
95. I hate peanut butter.
96. And mean people. Yuck.
97. I love almost all vegetables.
98. I worry about money.
99. I also worry about having too much money and what it might do to you.
100. One of my biggest fears is that I won't have any children.
101. Another one of my biggest fears is that I won't do enough to better this world.